September 05, 2009

Hot Lunch at My School




Gross! Hot lunch is so disgusting! There are foot-long hot dogs that are purple. The macaroni is wet with no cheese and only noodles. There are also Sloppy Joes -- I once saw the lunch lady pour the meat out of plastic bag when I got to the lunchroom early. (Don't remind me!) They put the meat in burger buns that are half frozen. Sloppy Joes smell so gross and are actually spicy. There is also "bun and a patty" and make your own pizza and also make your own nachos. The "make your own pizza" is a pita with cheese and pepperoni and cold tomato sauce that is kept in the freezer. (At the beginning of the day, they take it out so it unfreezes.) The "make your own nachos" has cold cheese and it sometimes comes with ranch dressing. (Yuck!)

What I bring for lunch is a pack of olives and carrots and some dark chocolate, a container with salad, homemade trail mix, and so many other things depending on the day. The main thing I like to have in my lunch is a mustard, lettuce, tomato, mayo, Swiss cheese sandwich.

Sometimes I bring in a thermos with leftover pasta after my family goes to Noodles and Company the day before. I like the "Pasta Fresca" with extra spinach, tofu, and feta cheese. (You can get it other ways, too.)

Once when I went to Panera Bread Company for dinner, before my brother's baseball game, I ordered my favorite sandwich (see above!) and they gave me a sandwich that was salami, ham, and turkey plain. I am a (semi) vegetarian, so I gave it to my friend's mom and they loved it so much. It seemed to me they tore it to pieces while they ate it.

The daughter said to her mom after a few minutes, "You already ate it all?"

And the Mom opened up her mouth and showed the last bit of sandwich and said, "No!"

The best place where I get my favorite (Swiss cheese) sandwich is called Shane's Deli.

I've proved my point! Hot lunch is very gross. There are a lot of good places to get your lunch, not including the school cafeteria!

3 comments:

  1. You should try a Swiss cheese sandwich at The Oval Table at 1046 W.O.Drive. They are made to order and really delicious; however the sushi leave a lot to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you should be writing your persuasive on improving the cafeteria food! It does sound pretty gross. You have a very diversified diet which is fantastic! I make a wonderful dish called Spinach Tofu pie, which is spinach, tofu and feta cheese - along with eggs, salt and cumin in a pie crust (top and bottom). I bet you'd love it!
    Mrs. Connelly

    ReplyDelete